Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Nikon d5. In P program, i am unable to change the aperture

Customer Question

Nikon d5. In P program, i am unable to change the aperture ans shutter speed using the main dial the way it should. Can you please help?
Category: Digital Cameras
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, how how I avoid random bracketing mode when I'm shooting? This is a new problem??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds to me, at an initial guess, as if you have a problem with settings.

A general settings reset would be best, ***** *****

(That will erase all stored setting configurations and white balances and such, that you may have on the camera. But it could cure the problem, at the least with bracketing, if not with P mode behavior as well.)

How to do it, if you would like to try it:

There are two button to hold down at the same time, which are marked with green dots, that when you hold them down at the same time.

They are the Release Mode (the several pages icon) and the WB button, at the bottom of the back of the camera.

If that does not cure the problem, I need to ask for more information about the camera:

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?

Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?

Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)