Digital Cameras

Digital camera repair questions? Ask a camera Expert.

Camera: Kodak Easy Share LS 443. Problem: Error E45. How do…

Camera: Kodak Easy Share LS...
Camera: Kodak Easy Share LS 443. Problem: Error E45. How do I correct this problem?
12/30/2012
RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician

Hi.

E-45 is a lens error. My first inclination is to assume that a lens error is the problem itself, but first, there is one more likely possibility, lack of sufficient power. Remove the battery, check the pins or connectors in the battery compartment, and make sure that they are positioned correctly to contact the battery. Then use a q-tip with alcohol to clean and dry them. Your battery is 10 years old and ultimately be the only real solution, as they do lose charge capacity over time.

If there is no improvement , please refer to the following:

You may be able to restore operation since a single grain of sand can cause this intermittent issue. Lens errors are a common problem. Dirt can get into the gears or the lens can become misaligned from being carried in pockets, purses or at the beach. With newer cameras I am usually hesitant to suggest these options since they include some more extreme procedures that may cause further damage if not done correctly, but they may save you an expensive repair bill. The two links below give step by step DIY instructions on troubleshooting and attempting to fix this problem. The lens structure of these compact cameras is the same so the examples do apply to this unit. These procedures are effective about 60% of the time. Click on or copy and paste the links into your browser.

LENS FIX 1

LENS FIX 2

If you need conventional repair suggestions, please let me know.

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If, and only if my answer to your question is helpful and you are Satisfied with it, please leave Positive Feedback. Thank you

RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician