Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Is cipro sometimes prescribed for scalp exzema,psoriasis,

Customer Question
Is cipro sometimes prescribed...

Is cipro sometimes prescribed for scalp exzema,psoriasis, and/or seborrhea (please forgive the spelling) expecially when the condition has been worsened by excessive scratching, picking at, etc.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Prozac, lyrica, statin and a mild high blood pressure pill. The cipro was given by my primary physician

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I'm 83 and In pretty good condition...lots if stress,,my husband's stroke landed him in indefinite rehab

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm the nervous type, don't smoke and weaned myself off oxycodone last year...was taking up to 6 a day and knew I had to stop

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Jon, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 2 months ago
Dr. Jon
Dr. Jon, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hi there. I'm Dr. Jon. I'll be happy the help answer your question.

I wish to cancel this service

Okay. I will flag customer service to cancel.