Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a tear on the foreskin of my penis with swelling

Customer Question
I have a tear...

I have a tear on the foreskin of my penis with swelling around the base of the head which makes it difficult to retract the skin for cleaning. i am 60 years old.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

About one week after sexual activity, no changes to my overall skin and nails.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was told four years ago about being a borderline diabetic but I am not on any medication.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
5/30/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have a tear on your foreskin

you need to allow this area to heal up before retracting it for cleaning.

you may have to try to gentling clean under your foreskin without retracting the foreskin

you need to get blood testing to see if you have progressed to having diabetes now.

if you have diabetes which is not treated, this can cause wounds longer to heal up

eating more protein and fruits and vegetables can help you heal

and cutting out gluten, white flour, sugar, sodas, pasta, bread, milk can help your wounds heal faster.

Thanks Doc, will visit my primary care physician. Is there an ointment that could help with the healing process ?

neosporin can help

manuka honey can help with healing

silvadine ointment can help improve healing.

you eating more protein and fruits and vegetables can help with healing

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com