Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I was in a car accident in 2009 in which I busted the

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a car accident in 2009 in which I busted the windshield with my head. 6 years later, fibromyalgia, myalgic encephelamyalitis, and a shaved head, I found myself extracting glass that had been embedded in my scalp this entire time. This was in 2016. I have yet to be able to regulate my scalp and I still have to shave my head as it won't grow back properly in patches all over... It itches, it's painful. I've tried every shampoo and medication for seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis you can think of, apple cider vinegar, everything. What do I do to get my hair back????

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

2 years now. Before I got the glass out though, I was having to take 5 350mg Somas a day to attempt to keep blinding headaches and neck pains away. I have traded those for an itchy imbalanced scalp. Nothing really changes it unless I go too long without using my Clobestal shampoo. It does not fix it, but it does seem to keep the itching from flaring up.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The other dermantologist I saw assumed I was pulling hair out and dismissed me. I find myself NOW pulling hairs out of clogged follicles and am afraid I'm developing trichotillomania and creating permanent scarring as a result of this.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
That last request was an accident; sorry for the appearance of impatience!
Answered in 5 days by:
5/31/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 2 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Sorry it's taken so long for someone to get back to you

Have you seen a doctor about this and had a biopsy of your scalp?