Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My right ear lobe is swollen, red, and extremely itchy and…

Customer Question
My right ear lobe...

My right ear lobe is swollen, red, and extremely itchy and sore to the touch. I do have pierced ears nut the hole is not where the redness is ane i can touch that part and it is not sore. I’ve been putting ointment on it but it keeps on itching.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

About 3 weeks. At night it wakes me up if im laying on that side

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
5/25/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon replied 2 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

You may try following for 3-4 days;

Ice compresses

Motrin

Local Neosporin cream.

If these measures do not resolve it, you would need a course of antibiotic.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.