Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm a 65yr old woman, my nose is plagued with blackheads…

Customer Question
I'm a 65yr old...

I'm a 65yr old woman, my nose is plagued with blackheads even though I use cleaning wipes for oily skin. I have deep eye bags and laughter lines around the eyes.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

Over the past year (since I retired from work) I haven't used much make up (foundation) on my face, whereas I used it daily when working. My skin (mainly around my nose) is awful, I sweat a lot during the night and wake up to horrendous white spots on my nose! My skin actually smells greasy when I wake.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am on medication for depression Fluoxentine) and for arthritis (naproxen).

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
5/2/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

believe it or not, your diet has a bit effect on your skin

what is your height and weight?

what do you eat daily?

are you able to eat more fruits and vegetables and protein and collagen? and cut out sugar, white flour, gluten, bread out of your diet? this can help improve your skin