Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My scalp has been peeling for quite sometime in three

Customer Question
My scalp has been...

My scalp has been peeling for quite sometime in three different spots. I've been seen by 2 walk in clinic s a regular doctor and a nurse practitioner at a dermatologist now and been on three different antibiotics. It hasn't fully cleared up 100 percent. These spots grow back dead skin everyday and peel off they won't clear up and stop growing it's caused baldness on these spots. Im very insecure about all this and don't know what to do.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the spots better or worse?

This started in September 2016. The spots I peel off they get worse when I do that but the skin grows right back and I can't stand having this on my head.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I have been upfront about everything.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/2/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I am cancelling my request sorry.

Hello

Any particular reason you are cancelling your request?

We would be happy to help

Regards

Dr Pravin