Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I’m not sure what’s going on. A few days ago I shaved and…

Customer Question
I’m not sure what’s...

I’m not sure what’s going on. A few days ago I shaved and now my vag lip is swollen on one side with a small cut. It had a tiny pimple but I popped it. It’s happebex once or twice before, what is it?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Just a day or two

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

About two years ago I was sexually assaulted and had some vagina issues from it, but I was tested for a punch of STDs and they were all negative.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
5/2/2018
Dermatologist: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 2 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Your symptoms suggest that you cut the skin while shaving and it is now infected.

It is likely that the cut initially was quite small. But the infection is making it more visible and the skin and tissues around it to become swollen.

Please apply a warm pack on the area for 4-5 minutes twice a day. Then apply neosporin or triple bacteria cream twice daily. You can also take Motrin to decrease the inflammation.

If this has been occurring repeatedly, you will need to get blood tests for the level of hemoglobin and blood sugar in your blood. These may increase your risks of getting an infection.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.
Thank you.