Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Experience:  US trained and licensed physician
101248673

Had a scab on my forehead that fell off naturally i didn't

Hey i had a scab on my forehead that fell off naturally i didn't pick at it the skin under it is slightly pink and i wanted to know does that heal naturally?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: I was diagnosed with chicken pox
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: and the scabs from that

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

How long ago did you develop the scab?

Can you send a picture of the area?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello ***** was saying I had a scab that fell off naturally and the skin under it was slightly pink will the skin heal/return to normal colour without scarring
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i'm on my laptop i really cant send you a picture

Also, what is your race as that can affect healing?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Indian

OK, Indian skin tends to have a tougher time to heal.

However, since you let the scab fall off naturally you should have a better time healing.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But it will heal right it wont stay pink permanently?

The best thing you can do to improve healing is to stay out of the sun. Wear a hat to cover up the area. In addition, you should keep the area moisturized. The pharmacy often sells something called silastic sheeting, which is the only thing proven to help scars heal. You can apply that to the area twice a day.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i've heard neosporin also does work

No, it definitely will not stay pink permanently, but not sure if it will go back to the exact skin tone as the rest of the forehead. Just do as I said above and you will have a good chance.

Neosporin can help only before the scab falls off. Now, it is no longer necessary. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Silastic sheeting the same as silicone sheets?
Will definitely give you that 5 star rating

Yes, that is the same thing.