Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Experience:  US trained and licensed physician
101248673

I would like to know if what I have on my skin are warts or

Hello. I would like to know if what I have on my skin are warts or skin tags

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you.

Please send a picture of the skin lesion.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Just went
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just sent I mean
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a history of skin tags. Had two removed last year.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All my STD test results came back negative, but I realize you can't test for warts.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Being that I am prone to skin tags I wonder if these are. I hear that skin tags can be confused for them.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
One on my waist was there for over 6-7 months or more before it was noticed, and only really paid attention to it after my gf saw the one on my waist

Yes, it is a little hard to tell, but these could be warts. Have they grown?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. One on waist has stayed the same size.

Sorry cannot take a phone call right now.

They one on the scrotum and shaft look like they could be warts. You might need a biopsy to confirm. Your history of skin tags makes it a little difficult to know for sure.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Went to dermatologist back in Jan and he said it was warts, but I never explained the history of skin tags to him. They removed them with cryotherapy. He said that the rule of thumb is that if no new ones appear within the next 4 months that it's likely run its course. IS that true?

Yes, that is generally true unless you get exposed again.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do know that before I went that the smaller one was there likely for over a year. The other ones didn't show up until before I went to see dermatologist. But ever since the treatment they have not returned. And it's been 3 months so far
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How long is HPV usually in a man's system? And at what point are genital warts likely not there any longer? All my STD tests have all comeback non-reactive etc, outside of this issue.

According to the CDC HPV is eliminated within 1 year in 70% of people and 91% are gone within 2 years.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay. I have another appt in May as a follow up. May 3rd will be my 4 month mark. It was definitely there all of last year before I went to dr. Just thought it was a pimple at the time. So at this point I can say at least a year had past before they removed them. And the past 3 months none have comeback, so the dermatologist is correct that maybe it has run its course if I don't see any
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But after having it is it possible to be exposed again? Or is it like chicken pox where I am unlikely to get it again, since I had it

Yes, I agree. And no, this is not like chicken pox. If you fight off the virus but are then exposed again you could get it again.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay. And my credit card shows a $5 charge and $50 charge. Was I charged for a phone call? It said you were not available for that, or is the $50 just the charge for the info and I won't be charged again? And I know the $5 was for free trial or something.

You should NOT be charged for the phone call since it did not occur. The $50 charge should just be for the info. If you have any questions afterwards it would be best to contact customer service.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. This conversation will remain private? It will not be posted publicly, correct?

That is correct.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay. IS there anything else I need to know about GW

No, I think that is it. You seem to be well informed about the issue yourself. Good luck!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay. Thank you