Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a very small pimple under my lash and i just saw

Customer Question
it..its not red...
I have a very small pimple under my lash and i just saw it..its not red
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dermatology
4/3/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 24 days ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the pimple here?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
For some reason its not attaching the picture
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It is attached - please check and let me know what can i do..i do not want it to get bigger..

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

I have reviewed your picture and it appears to be a small inclusion cyst. this is a BENIGN cyst which can grow in this location, usually, it is slowly growing and will take some time to increase its size. It is a harmless cyst and would not cause major issues at all or even affect your vision. Now, unfortunately, this will need to be removed via small surgical procedure under local anesthesia, it takes a few minutes to get it removed. Once it is removed you will need to put some antibiotic eye drops in your eye for a week or so.

An inclusion cyst is filled with debris, skin cells and other materials and that is why it looks like a pimple under the light.

Now the second possibility here is that of a stye which is a small infection of one of the glands present in this region. It may cause swelling of the eyelid. In this case, simple home measures are helpful and result in resolution of the problem within a week or so. This would be treated with simple warm compresses over the eye for 10-15 mins at a time up to 3-4 times a day. I would suggest that you do start with the warm compresses and in the meantime schedule an appointment with your doctor for further management including removal.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dermatologist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 20 days ago

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor