Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Ive had a sore inside my nose that never heals Ive had it…

Customer Question
Ive had a sore...

Ive had a sore inside my nose that never heals Ive had it for years what could be the cause of it and is it treatable

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the pain? Does the pain affect your breathing?

Years and it clogs my nose

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetic type 2

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 day by:
4/4/2018
Dermatologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hello...I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now. I am currently reviewing your question and will be back in a moment.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know you age please?

2. Is the sore on the central septum of the nose or on the lateral wall/ Is it peripheral and visible or deep and only felt?

3. Since how long have you been a diabetic?

4. Did this start after any injury or nose piercing?

5. Do you wear a nose stub or ring and if so which material?

6. Do you have the habit of nose picking (I am sorry to ask but as a professional I need to ask you some history)?

7. Do you meddle with this sore often and what medications have you used till now?

8. Did you get herpes any time in that region?

9. I am sorry to ask - but is there any reason for you to get a STD screening done?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani