Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have raised red spots on the arch of One foot. What are…

Customer Question
I have raised red spots...
I have raised red spots on the arch of One foot. What are they? I’ll attach photos.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
More photos (and discoloration).
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Dermatologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.I have seen all the images you have provided and I need some more information please.1. May I know your age please?
2. Since how long have you had these spots?
3. Was there any inciting event like a fever or any injury or prick?
4. Are you a diabetic?
5. Is there any itching?
6. Have you observed any aggravating and relieving factors?
7. Was there any contact with warts?
8. Off late have you experienced any recurrent fever or weight loss?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
1) 30 years old
2) about a week
3) No fever, no injury, no prick
4) no
5) no itching
6) no?
7) no
8) I am on a diet so there is some weight lossI was told in the past they may be Purpura or Petichae but never confirmed. They seem to come and go every once in a while

Hi...Thank you for getting back with the necessary information.

I am sorry for the late response.

This looks like petechiae and more so because I am seeing a bluish hue behind them in the sole.

They are petechiae I agree, but the question is rather - why petechiae recurrently.

Now you are giving me a history that they come and go which is significant and requires evaluation which can be done only when the lesions appear.

The best way to do is - CBC and get back.

If the platelet count is low then - we need to consider, probable recurrent ITP.

If it is normal - very unlikely - but still a possibility - Henoch Schonlein Purpura.

If it is elevated - Platelet aggregation disorders.

I suggest you consult your physician and get a CBC done and revert back to me with reports.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani