Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to know what these bumps are in my pubic area.

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know what these bumps are in my pubic area

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No and none

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing in my medical history

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Dermatologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 21 days ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images so that I can see and guide you better. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Okay i will upload the photosd

Hi...sorry for the late response - I was stuck with an emergency case please. These look like genital herpes.

I need some more information please.

1. Was there any history of sexual exposure?

2. Is there more or itching or more of pain?

3. Are you running temperature?

4. Did you check yourself for STD screening - and if so - when?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No not that I’m aware of. No itching or pain, no fever, and i haven’t been screened yet.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
What should i do?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Also I’ve been on here before and asked the same question. That it was sebaceous skin cells. Could it be that?
I do not know how it was last time.
But...now it doesn't look like sebaceous gland enlargement please.I suggest that you get tested yourself for all STDs.For Chlamydia you should get tested after 5 days.
For Gonorrhea after 6 days.
For Syphilis after 6 weeks.
For Hepatitis B after 6 weeks.
For Hepatitis C after 9 weeks.For HIV you can go ahead with a Combo test of HIV I & II antibodies along with P24 antigen essay at the end of 4 weeks. The other option is going ahead with an early detection test of RNA detection after 11th day from the exposure.This is based on the incubation periods of these STDs.Hope I am clear and you get yourself tested for are screened for the above STDs.The time period I have mentioned is from the last suspected sexual exposure." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
You said it looks like genital herpes but you didn’t list how long after to get that tested for?
Sorry for the omission...it is 6 weeks from time of exposure.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It’s just confusing because these bumps do not itch or hurt. Is that normal with genital herpes?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Also i was at the ER on Friday and they did blood work on me, they said everything looked good in my blood so would it have shown up there? Or would the doctor not be looking for that therefore not knowing

Hi...The normal blood work they do my not include the STD screening please.

I am suggesting in your good will that you should get yourself screened.

But I am not in a position to say why they have not suggested you go ahead with STD screening.

Did they see the lesions and then specifically ask you about sexual exposure and even then say that it is only sebaceous glands?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No just that is what it looked like

Hi...I am giving my professional opinion please and I have given that in all your good faith in me in mind.

My suggestion is that you need a screening please.

I do not know why after seeing these lesions in genital area they have not enquired about the sexual contact.

I am sorry to say that I do not judge my professional colleague's opinion. I can only give mine.

But I again urge you that - please go ahead with the above screening as suggested.

Another option is going back to the emergency room and asking specifically quoting my opinion there.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD