Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Yesterday I think I was picking at my skin which I felt had…

Customer Question
Hi ***** think I was...
Hi ***** think I was picking at my skin which I felt had a bump and tried to tweeze out a thick hair coming out of this spot. But I ended up noticing this area turned like brown, it’s not a pimple so I think i might’ve irritated this spot because it hurts and burns like a burn mark... idk what I did exactly but it looks unsightly and I hope it goes away. What should I do?? I put mederma on it , but it burns... so idk what exactly I did... did I just pick off my skin or just irritate it? Please help?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
4/2/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 3 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Was that there before yesterday?

No lol I started picking my skin yesterday
I had a big like pimple in this area when I was little and there was a scar there but yesterday I felt a bump like the pimple was coming back so I started picking at it
Please don’t tell me it’s anything bad, it feels like I burned it or irritated it honestly
My skin is really sensitive

Nothing at all bad--no cancer or anything like that

It's just some inflammation from the picking and not an infection

For now you can use a moisturizer like Eucerin twice a day and it should clear in a few days

Please let me know if you need any more information

Can I use mederma ??

That's fine

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

is this a scar ?
Will it eventually go away?

No it's not a scar and it will go away completely in a very short time--no need to worry

If it’s not a scar what is it

As I said it's just some irritation of the skin there--but definitely not a scar

Ummm okay, hope it goes away

I promise you it will