Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

The kids are scaley and swollen itchy along the eyelash

Customer Question
The kids are scaley...

The kids are scaley and swollen itchy along the eyelash area.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I also have a vaginal yeast infection could this be related?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm treating eyes with Neosporin cream,artificial years and washing with baby shampoo.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
4/3/2018
Dermatologist: DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 3 months ago
DrK99
DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Hello. Your children likely have pink eye. You CANNOT use neosporin on the eye or eyelid Ever. Its not for opthalmic use. They need to see a Dr for a presription for antibiotics. A vaginal yeast infection is completely unrelated