Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am fine how are you. I have just noticed some black

Customer Question
I am fine how...

I am fine how are you

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

I have just noticed some black patches on my tongue today, what could be causing them

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am having lower abdominal pain , did all lab tests and scans and the results came back normal and ct scan came back normal

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I just felt my tongue painfull for the last two days , that kind of pain that comes with flu but now it is no longer painfull. I have also been on atovarstatin for 4 months

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
4/2/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the discolored tongue? Also do you have history of smoking? Lastly what is your age and gender?