Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My skin is crepy, blotchy.,and very old looking. I am 80 but…

Customer Question
My skin is crepy...

My skin is crepy, blotchy.,and very old looking. I am 80 but I would like to look a little better. Every day it seems to get worse. I have a pretty good regime on my face and it is not horrible. What can I do short of plastic surgery. My skin seems diseased.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

I went through a period of hair loss but I seem to habe recovered with vitamins and essential oils. I have one nail that splits at the top. On my skin I have seen a difference in the past five years. I have tried most everything that dermatologist recommend. I have a history of skin cancers.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My mother died when I was an infant of heart disease but I have no heart problems. My biggest problems today are gum disease when has just been treated and the skin cancers last one in October.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 2 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture of your skin?

can you attach it here?

I can't send the picture and I don't have $50.00
For the phone call.

you can email it