Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I fell 3 days ago face down on the floor and it caused an…

Customer Question
Hi I fell 3...

Hi I fell 3 days ago face down on the floor and it caused an around 1 cm long of a cut behind my lower lip, I rinsed it and left it as iI is and by night that side of the lip become swollen and the outside on my cheek and as red and purple. I read online and used cold and hot towel to make it not swollen anymore . And today I went to the pharmacy and they told me I should use a disinfecting mouth wash and I did and put a cold sore bandage on it. I just did that 2 hours ago and now the cut become white . I’m scared

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I usually pretty healthy , I fell face first cuz Ifaint r for a few sec when I got up in the morning and woke up on the floor hurting

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Dermatologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Can you share a picture please ? Actually healing of mucous membranes looks different to that if skin so dont be scared of its appearance . Please share a picture if you have it ?

Apply topical glycerine or lignocaine for pain relief . Should heal in a few days .