Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Well i have a pimple ( or what i believe is a pimple) on my.

Well i have a...

Well i have a pimple ( or what i believe is a pimple) on my butt. But i just want to make sure that it is a pimple and not an std'

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

No nothing of that nature. its not itchy . its just painful and red and its only 1

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Its been 2 days . and it showed up red and painful. it doesnt itch. i just kept squeezing it thinking it was a pimple. but its still too premature to have a head

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Soo its kinda swollen too things like what?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

okay

How old are you? Male/ Female?

In which part of the butt?

Can you send a picture?
Any other past illness?
Did you take any medicine?

21. Female
Yes I have a picture. No i do not have any past illnesses. and no i havent taken any medicine yet

Please send the picture.

did you get the photo?

No.

Please attach it to clip icon in tool bar.

what about now? i clicked add file and its there but i dont know if you can see it?

Yes, got it.

Please wait.

I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
It looks like an infected follicle.
It does not look like STD.
You can now apply warm moist compress over it.
You can soak a towel or gauze in warm water.
Then you can compress it over the bump.
That would aid in healing.
Warm application is helpful here.
It increases the blood flow & brings in white blood cells, antibodies to fight infection.
Antibiotic cream like neosporin can be applied.
It is available OTC.
Neosporin would fight pus producing bacteria.
Those would help in most cases.
If it grows larger, I would advise to get it checked by doctor.
Oral antibiotics or prescription grade ointment can be needed.
For pain, anti inflammatory analgesic like Motrin can help.
Please take it after food.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Thank you so much. This information is extremely helpful. I will absolutely give you 5 stars. Thank you for your time!!

You are always welcome.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.