Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up this morning with the red rash in my upper thighs.

Customer Question
They don't itch or hurt...
I woke up this morning with the red rash in my upper thighs. They don't itch or hurt but they came out of no where. What could they be?
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dermatology
3/28/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 24 days ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

that rash is mild

that is good it doesn't hurt or itch

it could be a heat rash from the skin pressing during sleep

inflammation in your body can cause rash on your skin.

eating more anti-inflammatory foods like fruits and vegetables and avoiding gluten and white flour can help decrease inflammation in your body

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist