Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I (male, 17) am afraid that I have anal warts. What do I do?

Customer Question
I (male, 17) am...

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

Very slight bleeding if irritated after bowel movement, and white bumps outside of anus, red bumps inside

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?

I just noticed this two days ago, I thought it was a fissure or scab. They are simply there.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 3 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I'm very sorry about this

can you take a picture of the lesions for me?

On my anus??

Yes, I need to see a picture to tell what it is

One moment please...

ok

this is the best I can do

Honestly this doesn't look like warts to me

it just looks like normal tissue

You can go to a doctor and have him/her check them out but i am not worried about them

Did you get your HPV vaccine when you were 11?

It's hard to see in the picture, but there are bumps of some kind there. Maybe it is a scab of some kind from irritation. I think that I did have the vaccine.

I see it.

I know what you are talking about

I think it is normal rectal tissue

as you get older some pushes out

that is normal

the vaccine should protect you from most strains of HPV too

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!