Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have pimple like bumps in my pubic area that can be popped…

So i have pimple...

So i have pimple like bumps in my pubic area that can be popped when pressed hard enough, but i also have these like small white bumps on my shaft. They aren’t painful and they appear in clusters and are very small. I’m concerned as to what it is and i don’t want to assume the worst

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

There is no pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not that I’m aware of

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?
Since when are you having the symptom?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

I’m 20. A few months ago i noticed these bumps just assuming they would go away. No other illnesses and i haven’t talked to a doctor yet. I’ve taken medicine recently but I’ve had the bumps prior to that
Would it be best to add photos?

Pl add photo/

I believe i added it

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
I have got the picture.
Those can be swelling of sebaceous glands.
Common one is epidermoid /sebaceous cyst.
Trauma or injury to skin can be a factor.
A collection of white secretion can occur in those..
These are benign ones.
Please do not worry.
During next visit to doctor, you can show those.
You can apply warm moist compress.
It can help to express out the secretion.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Should i make a doctors appointment? Is this contagious to anyone i could have sexual relations with?
Or is this just something wrong with my body itself that i couldn’t have gotten from anyone else?

This is not contagious.
You can have sex.
During next routine visit, you can show it to doctor.
It is not urgent.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Okay thank you so much my mind is at ease now
What is the best way to fix these on my own? Also if there are more than just the picture i showed you is that okay?

They can be multiple.

They may go away on their own.

You can apply warm, moist compress.

you’re sure these are not any std or anything that could harm me or someone else?

Yes, it does not look like STD.