Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I’m a 30 year old female that’s been dealing with acne off…

Customer Question
Hi. I’m a 30...

Hi. I’m a 30 year old female that’s been dealing with acne off and on for most of my life. I’m currently taking spironolactone, soolantra (topical) and a low dose antibiotic. I recently ( ~ 1 week) started using Murad InstaMatte Oil Control Mask at night and have noticed that my skin is beginning to feel bumpy and rough. I’ve also had a couple of inflamed areas that itch a lot. The main ingredient is .5% salicylic acid, which hasn’t bothered me in the past. I obviously need to stop using this face wash, but I’m wondering what you would recommend. Also wondering whether you know how long a low grade antibiotic takes to “work”. I’ve been on it for a couple weeks now and haven’t seen much of a change on my face.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

About 3 days. No major changes. Only the roughness, bumps, and itchy ness. It’s almost like the texture of my skin has changed. It’s not inflamed in most areas...just rough and bumpy.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’m a Type 1 Diabetic, diagnosed at age 11. So I also take Humalog and metformin to control my blood sugar. Last a1C was 8.6.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
3/27/2018
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 3 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

Overweight and hx of anxiety
Don’t need a call

Do you have a picture?

It’s not visible to the human eye.
This is obviously a scam. It’s dispicable that your company would take money from innocent people with no intent of helping them. Companies like this don’t deserve to survive and I hope yours doesn’t.

It is not a scam

I'm here to help you if you need it

I apologize I had to go offline