Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Thank you for taking me. I have Sjogrens Syndrome. The backs…

Customer Question
Hi Thank you for...

Hi Thank you for taking me. I have Sjogrens Syndrome. The backs of my hands are always very dry and skin flakes off. This morning, this never happened before, my hands are beet red, extremely itchy and burning as if hot water was poured over it. The redness stops at my fingers and stops at the side of my hands. I also have severe RA and OA. I receive Orencia infusions monthly. Do you know what this might be and/ or would cortisteroid cream help? I'm in so much pain when I need to was my hands. Thank you so very much

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I've had Sjogrens for yrs and the back of my hangs have always been ectremely dry znd flakey. Today is the first time this has hapoened

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have CVID. Compromised Variable Immune Disease. For which I am infused sub Q 50 mg of IVIG weekly. For my immune system.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
3/27/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon replied 3 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am sorry for your symptoms.

Your present symptoms are likely due to Raynaud phenomenon, which is a reflex spasm of the arteries. Corticosteroid cream can help. Avoiding cold exposure of any kind (water, ridge, atmosphere) can help in aggravating the symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.