Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Have a skin rash. No it appeared 5 months. No I haven’t I…

Have a skin rash ...

Have a skin rash

Doctor's Assistant: When did the rash first appear? Have you used any medication for this?

No it appeared 5 months

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dermatologist about the rash?

No I haven’t I used a over the counter medicine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Ointment No I don’t have anything

3/26/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Sent photo

Got it--hold on please

Not herpes or genital warts there

Those are Fordyce spots--small cysts that have no particular trigger for them

You can try over the counter tea tree oil but if that doesn't clear them they can easily be removed with a cold CO2 laser by a dermatologist

Please let me know if you need any more information

Why do they keep growing

Fordyce spots tend to do that but once they're removed they don't come back

I was warm water and it works when they flare up sometimes

That can certainly help

Any other recommendations

Try the tea tree oil

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Last question Is it cancerous ????

Absolutely not

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Thank you very much Doc!

My pleasure and call on me anytime