Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Have a skin rash. No it appeared 5 months. No I haven’t I…

Have a skin rash ...

Have a skin rash

Doctor's Assistant: When did the rash first appear? Have you used any medication for this?

No it appeared 5 months

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dermatologist about the rash?

No I haven’t I used a over the counter medicine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Ointment No I don’t have anything

3/26/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sent photo

Got it--hold on please

Not herpes or genital warts there

Those are Fordyce spots--small cysts that have no particular trigger for them

You can try over the counter tea tree oil but if that doesn't clear them they can easily be removed with a cold CO2 laser by a dermatologist

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why do they keep growing

Fordyce spots tend to do that but once they're removed they don't come back

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was warm water and it works when they flare up sometimes

That can certainly help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any other recommendations

Try the tea tree oil

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Last question Is it cancerous ????

Absolutely not

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much Doc!

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice