How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 39923
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to treat skin reaction to hair dye. I used hair dye 2

This answer was rated:

how to treat skin reaction to hair dye
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: I used hair dye 2 days ago redness on skin and fluid
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know how to do that
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

You can use the paper clip icon on this page to upload it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
don't know what that is or how

Can you give me a full description of the problem?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
redness and fluid on skin under side burns that I used hair dye on

Have you tried anything yet to treat this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

This sounds like an allergic skin reaction to the dye

For now you can try oral benadryl or Claritin and over the counter topical Caladryl lotion

But if it doesn't clear in about three days you'd need a course of oral prednisone from your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you