Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My 2yo daughter gets recurrent sores and boils on her

Customer Question
My 2yo daughter gets...

My 2yo daughter gets recurrent sores and boils on her bottom. Also a slight eczema thing on her facial cheeks. Alwasy in her nappy area on bottom but always a different spot. 9 times now and usually more than 1 at a time. This last time was 12 or more. 6 times needing antibiotics either orally or iv and once needing draining in theatre

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Did you read what i wrote

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Its my daughter not myself for a start. Ihave coeliac disease. She is non ige dair y and soy allergic and gluten sensitive and not eating gluten and waiting for results for coeliac gene testing though hughly suspected positive.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
3/26/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about your daughter.

your daughter. could have sensitive skin if she gets eczema

she may need baby powder to keep her bottom dry. is she still wearing a diaper?

can you upload a clear photo of these boils and sores?

Its beyond nappy rash and powder.
She usually wears a cloth nappy and sometimes uses a toilet if not tells me as soon as she done wees or poos and we change her immediately.

I see

have you tried 1% hydrocortisone cream on her skin? this often can help reactive skin and eczema and hives and red inflammation like this.

tried it. Its not just an eczema it beyond that.

then you need to see a doctor

and get a skin culture of the area to see if it is a bacterial infection which would need prescription antibiotic ointment

or an antifungal ointment

she may need stronger prescription steroid creams.