Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Have these dark small bumps under my penis what can it be. I…

Hey i have these...

Hey i have these dark small bumps under my penis what can it be. I also sweat alot in that area also and may have had jock itch that got worse im not sure no pain or discharge just itchy with dry skin flaky skin underneath my penis anything to help get the bumps away

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?

Slight redness if i itch it ut other than that no doesnt hurt

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have alot of allergies and have asthma ok thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Since when are you having the symptom?
Can you send picture?
Did you try any medicine?
I shall answer your question soon after I get those information.
Thank you.

here is a picture its been 3 weeks i used anti fungal ointments for jock itch it helps with the itch but it doesnt make it go away
the bumps on my penis head i had since i was a kid but the shaft part and from the picture its irrated from me itchy also on the shaft you can see where my skin is kinda bunched up also could this be a fungus?
it started with a few like 3-4 then now its alot but seems no more have came up

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The bumps look like an epidermoid or sebaceous cysts.
This can contain fluid from secretion of the sebaceous gland.
These are formed from swelling of the glands.
Usually much treatment is not necessary in these conditions.
Please do not press it often which can cause inflammation.
If it becomes painful, then there can be inflammation or infection.
In that case warm moist compress, antibiotic cream , or oral antibiotic can be required.
You can consult a dermatologist for treatment.
Now a days minimal invasive surgery is done to avoid scar.
Other than this, laser or electrodessication may be tried.
Local injection of steroid can be given.
Small incision and drainage can be done to remove the material from inside.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
thank you so much for the information i will consult a dermatologist for treatment on them is their a average time for them to go away on own or will need to get them removed medically ?

It may go away on its own,

But there is no fixed time limit for it to go away.

okay thank you last question can you recommend some products i could buy over the counter to help with the itching and all

Which cream did you apply.

i have used lotramine

Lotrimin or Lamisil is good.

You can add hydrocortisone cream too.

okay thanks and oh yeah i forgot they do scab over the bump but dont know why it does that

Scabing can be from irritation, scratching.