Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I'd like to chat with a doc and send a picture of something…

I'd like to chat...

I'd like to chat with a doc and send a picture of something I noticed on my skin. Thank you!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

A week. No.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have a history of eczema.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Please post your photo on this page for me

Ok- There are two completely flat flesh colored spots on my penis shaft. I can send a picture. They are painless and usually very hard to see. The picture makes them looked raised, but in fact, they just appear like a circle with wrinkles, and even reflect a little in light. The reason for the contrast probably has more to do with the flash on my camera than what I actually see in real life. I have eczema and sensitive in that area in general and wondering if (hoping) its just dry skin.

Thanks

Let me see the photo please

Here you go. The closer you zoom, the more it appears to be part of the skin, then something else raised. Thank you for looking.

Very good--thanks

How long have you had those?

A week. Some days they look like they are completely gone, and others, it's a little more noticeable.

Nothing serious there--

Not herpes or genital warts or cancer

Those are small blocked oil glands, sometimes called Fordyce spots

No specific trigger for them and very often they go away on their own in time

But if they bother you they can easily be removed by a dermatologist either with liquid nitrogen freezing or with a cold CO2 laser

Please let me know if you need any more information

Ok. That's good to hear. I didn't know they could be flat. I have those elsewhere and they are raised when the skin is stretched out and you can visibly see the round gland. That is why I wasn't sure about the ones I sent you. Is it possible the ones I sent you, got irritated somehow and are healing back funny? Is that how it works?

No they can also be flat

Sometimes irritation with sex or masturbation can change their appearance

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Ok. Thank you so much!