Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have some bumps on the shaft of my penis near the base.

I have some bumps...

I have some bumps on the shaft of my penis near the base. Not many just a few, under some of the bumps the skin is darker than the rest. Should I be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

They've been there for a while they don't hurt. Haven't noticed any major changes in my skin or nails.

3/22/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Sorry it took so long.

Got it--hold on please

How long have you had those?

Not sure when I first noticed them. Maybe a year or more.

Not cancer or genital warts or herpes there

These are small benign cysts sometimes referred to as Fordyce spots

If they bother you a dermatologist can easily rid you of them either with liquid nitrogen freezing or with a cold CO2 laser

Please let me know if you need any more information

Right on, thank you so much for your help. I've been reading about those online, but there were no pictures to compare. This is a huge relief.

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice