Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 64 5'5'tall.I weigh 100lbs. My skin is very dry

Customer Question
I am 64...

I am 64 5'5'tall.I weigh 100lbs. My skin is very dry wrinkley all over.Every that touches me clothes blankets scratches me. The bottom of my feet are very sore. My lips hurt bad and I suck on my tongue and lips with my teeth. My name is***** live in Harrisburg

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?

7 months. My skin all over is so thin. The pores suck in everything.I have skin flaking off my whole body big time.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I feel I need added skin for treatment for my body.I am very wrinkled because of weight loss.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Dermatologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. Skin problems are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to post some images here so that I can see and guide you better. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
I do not have a printer or camera. My lips tongue throat makes it hard to talk. Ask me about my flakey thin very wrinkle skin.
I read they have skin that matches human skin. That older people lose the thickness of the skin especially when under weight.
Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
You are right in one way that as the people become old the skin becomes very thin and as they lose weight it becomes even more wrinkled and loses its elasticity.May I know what your query is exactly?
I would like to be treated with new skin on my body and my lips.My lips are also very thin and cracked. What in my position do think it would cost as an estimate. I have 2 insurance. Would I have to go into a hospital to get it done? Would having new skin help me? Can I see the doctor soon? I have very little hair left also. Please help me.kathryn karlin
I am not a dermatologist with this kind of expertise. Will opt out so that another expert experienced in this can help you.
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I see the other expert has opted out

you can't get a total skin transplant

your skin being thin can be due to your weight loss and not getting in enough nutrition and protein.

protein and oils and fats and vitamin D in your diet help to keep your skin healthy.

you need to see a primary care doctor and get a calorie count of what you eat

and find out why you are loosing weight

are you having a hard time cooking for yourself?