Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have these bumps around my subcoronal but they aren't

I have these bumps...

I have these bumps around my subcoronal but they aren't painful and a bit solid. It's been there for as long as I could remember just trying to figure out what it is

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No pain

3/21/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Here's a photo of both sides, I know I have penile papules around my gland area

Got them--hold on please

Not herpes or genital warts or any kind of infection and not cancer there

Those are a variety of Fordyce spots--small cyst-like bumps with no specific trigger

Usually they go away in time but they can easily be treated by a dermatologist either with liquid nitrogen freezing or with a cold CO2 laser. On your own you could try topical tea tree oil twice a day for two weeks

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The thing is I've had them since I was small, when I grab it by both side it's as if it's all one piece. So I could go to a planned parent hood? Or should I ask for my dermatologist

Planned parenthood wouldn't really be appropriate for this

Just see a dermatologist for the treatment I mentioned

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice