Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed some peeling in my groin area. However it has a…

Hello doctor, I noticed some...
Hello doctor, I noticed some peeling in my groin area. However it has a different appearance than the fungal rash had. It’s just peeing. Minimal redness, no burning. Could this be irritation by the fungal cream and zeasorb powder used daily? Could I just use some eucerin to clear this up?
3/21/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Sorry for the delay

That's not fungal--just irritation and nothing more

Just use the Eucerin to clear it up

Thank you doctor, last night I couldn’t find the eucerin, so I used hydrocortisone and it seems to have improved dramatically over night. Can I use the hydrocortisone?

The hydrocortisone is fine

Thank you doctor, the pattern seemed to be on the spots that the zeasorb was, could the powder cause the peeling if used too much?

Yes that could have caused it

can I use the hydrocortisone, and then once this clears can I use the zeasorb sparingly once or twice every three day to keep the area dry and fungi free?

Yes--that would be great

Thank you doctor, also I wanted to consult with you on that folliculitis/ingrown, does it seem to be healing correctly?

Yes--it's healing very well

Gotta go for now so take care

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Thank you doctor, this isn’t anything contagious.:) is it normal for the irritation to itch slightly?