Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a sort of rash on my scalp from behind my ears to

Customer Question
I had a sort...

I had a sort of rash on my scalp from behind my ears to around the lower back of my head on Friday. I shampooed with tea tree shampoo and rinsed the areas with witch hazel, and the rash is gone.I have had soreness and swelling to the touch on each side of the base of my skull since Saturday evening. The areas are swollen like knobs. I also have soreness at the point of the skull behind my right ear, and a marble-like place behind my left ear that are also very painful to touch. There's a little sore pearl-sized aree above my right ear too.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

But now I have lumps coming up on different areas of my neck, on both sides, larger on the right side - one is about the size of a quail's egg at the moment. the front glands are swelling too, and I can feel my right ear canal being constricted a little bit. As far as I know I have no temperature. I have not had any colds and I had the flu for a week right after Christmas.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This is happening rather suddenly.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Actually, I really have to get to bed and can't wait. I'll contact my own doctor tomorrow. Never mind, please.
3/20/2018
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 3 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Would you like my help with your question today?

No thank you. I went to my urgent care for help. I was put on a regimen of antibiotics and the lymph node pain and swelling is starting to diminish now.
I was just curious as to what it could be, that's all.

are you sure?

I've already seen a doctor about it.
Thank you.

would you mind rating me positive for my time?

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)