Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a red rash on the inside of my left leg about the…

Customer Question
I have a red...

I have a red rash on the inside of my left leg about the size of a Silverdollar,It is dry and a little crusty?

Doctor's Assistant: When did the redness first appear? Have you used any medication for this?

It has been about two weeks and no I have not put anything on it other than lotion.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dermatologist about the redness?

I have not seen a dermatologist yet, I should call and get an appointment tomorrow.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I do have a regular dermatologist but I’ve never had him look at anything on my knee in the past.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Dermatologist: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Do you have any other symptom? itching? pain?

Can you send a picture?

62 male, no itching, no pain.
No call at this point, thank you though.

It is not necessary to call.
It is an automated response.
Some customers want it.
It is website generated.

Please wait, I am writing your answer.

I will get with my personal dermatologist that I have dealt with for the last 10 years, thank you.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The rash can be due to fungal infection.
Fungal infection can take time to recover.
Other probale is dermatitis, allergy.
Please keep the area dry and cool, open when possible.
Use cotton and loose underwear.
You can try OTC Lamisil or clotrimazole cream or ointment.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.