Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had this bite on my leg since at least yesterday. I…

Customer Question
I have had this bite...
I have had this bite on my leg since at least yesterday. I did ooze a solid white piece of something out yesterday and then some white fluid today but it is still super tender and has the big red ring around it. How serious is this to get to a doctor?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
3/20/2018
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 4 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

That could be a brown recluse spider bite

If so, a cortisone injection into it could keep it from getting any larger and forming a crater

So I suggest you see your doctor for it tomorrow

Please let me know if you need any more information

Ok. So it’s not something I need to go to the emergency room for tonight?

No--it's not an emergency situation--tomorrow would be fine

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Could it be staph infection
Could it be staph infection

Sorry for the delay

No--it's not a staph infection