Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

L was using the nail glue to put some artifiacial nails for…

Please l was using...

Please l was using the nail glue to put some artifiacial nails for several months ,now my nails are litteraly separating from the middle. How can make it stronger. It s hurting

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Well when l push on it , it hurts , but the worst part is it s incredibly weak

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a thyroid, i ve been taking different medications

3/16/2018
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I m sorry it wont open photobucket but where is the papercluck icin?
I cant figure it out how to send the picture?

The paper clip icon is just above this same box we are chatting on

If you still do not find it , do let me know

Will try and answer without the image

Regards

I cant , l even asked my computer genoius daughter so she couldnt even see the icon
Ok how about the on top, did you get it?

Thank you

I received the photo

I will reply soon

I can see that there is a traumatic crack and inflammation of the nail

You need to take a tylenol once daily at night to reduce the inflammation and pain

You should apply Bacitracin ointment available otc on the nail and place a normal bandage around it with the sticky side of the bandage on the skin and NOT NAIL.

You can take Biotin supplements from the health shop to make your nail stronger.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Ok thank you so much , l apprciate for your answer.
I ll do that what you re suggesting , should i take the the nail strengthener off

Yes

take the nail strengthener off

I have released the rating service application on your page .

Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist