Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Rash on my shin over a year wersend by things like hot tub…

Rash on my shin...

Rash on my shin over a year wersend by things like hot tub that I can no longer enjoy

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

Itching cercular rash on lower legs

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Almost gos away then comes back

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No health is good

Lotion helps with dry scin but will not make it completely go away
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?

Can take one

ok

Did you get my pics

no

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
are you there
hello

yes I'm here

attached my email

please keep it private

ok

thanks

not sure what i am doing wrong tried to send you several pics but seems you are not getting them

email them

ok sent you picks hope that works better

Do you ever get swelling in the legs?

No

Ok. This is severe eczema that you are scratching...ALOT

1)stop scratching

2)apply hydrocortisone on top of neosporin or triple antibiotic to help healing

just itchy and gets better for a while than gets bad again pool or hot tub makes it really bad
you are right about scratching is there anything i can use to stop the itching it drives me crazy I really do try not to scratch it!

you have to stop

take benadryl and follow my advice above