Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My 17-mo grandson has had a severe red rash for nine d. Days…

Customer Question
My 17-mo grandson has...

My 17-mo grandson has had a severe red rash for nine d

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Days now ... began on back and stomach and progressed to every single part of his body. Itching is bothersome ... mild fever one day only ... host.pediatrician saw him briefly on Saturday and dismissed it as "definitely not chicken pox, but possibly rosella or some virus or allergy"

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Warm water makes inflammation and itching worse, which I would expect

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
3/15/2018
Dermatologist: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified pediatrician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Have you been applying anything on the skin, i.e. lotion or cream, and has it helped at all? Are you giving him any medication by mouth to help with the itching? Are you able to attach a picture of the rash to this chat thread for me to review?

First, did you see
my entire question sent to the "professional" 15 minutes ago?
First, did you see
my entire question sent to the "professional" 15 minutes ago? :.. okay ... now I see that you did. I am EXTREMELY irritated with this website and all its pop-UPS,
by the way.
First, did you see
by the way. Have tried sending this little message for five solid minutes. Cannot even send this.
First, did you see my entire question sent to the "professional" 30 minutes ago? ... okay ... now I see that you did. I am EXTREMELY irritated with this website and all its endless pop-ups by the way. Have tried sending this little message for 10 solid minutes. Cannot even send this.
First, did you see my entire question sent to the "professional" 30 minutes ago? ... okay ... now I see that you did. I am EXTREMELY irritated with this website and all its endless pop-ups by the way. Have tried sending this little message for 10 solid minutes. Cannot even send this.I can tell you that from searching thru Google Images, his rash APPEARS to be similar to measles or roseola
First, did you see my entire question sent to the "professional" 30 minutes ago? ... okay ... now I see that you did. I am EXTREMELY irritated with this website and all its endless pop-ups by the way. Have tried sending this little message for 10 solid minutes. Cannot even send this.I can tell you that from searching thru Google Images, his rash APPEARS to be similar to measles or roseola ... but remember, just a single day in the beginning, 9 days ago, of a mild fever. Yes, we have used oatmeal baths and calamine lotion. Only oral medication has been Tylenol for fever.