Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small area (about a penny size) dry area on my

Hello, I have...

Hello, I have a small area (about a penny size) dry area on my penis

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes , what should I use to rid of it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

When I shower the soap makes that area really dry

3/14/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Can't give a photo

Then can you more fully describe it for me?

It's a small area that gets dry when I shower
I have used hand cream on the area
What should I use??
It's on the shaft of my penis

Sounds like a patch of dishydrotic eczema

For that I'd suggest over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream twice a day followed half an hour after each application with Eucerin lotion

That should clear it up in a week's time

Please let me know if you need any more information

It's nothing to worry about??
I think it's from sex with my girlfriend

No, not at all--not any kind of STD or any kind of infection

There is Nothing to worry about?

Absolutely nothing to worry about

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Ok, thanks