Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a large lump in my inner thigh which is painful and…

I have a large...

I have a large lump in my inner thigh which is painful and my thigh is bruised near it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

A week, hard

3/14/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age & gender?

Any history of recent injury?

Any recent history of fever or infection?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
39 male
No recent injury
No fever or infection
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I send a picture of it

Yes,you can please send a picture as attachment here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s the size of a golf ball under the skin

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply & for attaching the two pictures.I have seen them.

The pictures you have sent & the symptoms you have described of having large painful lump in your inner thigh along with bruise near it can most likely be due to hematoma.

Less probable causes are:deficiencies in vitamins B12, C, K and folic acid can result in tissue or blood vessel weakness resulting in easy bruising,diabetes,side affect of certain medication,liver diseases like cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, platelet disorders.

Following is recommended for you:

• Apply gentle heat with warm towels, a hot water bottle, or a heating pad. The heat is applied for 20 minutes at a time to promote absorption and repair.Hematoma will resolve by itself within few days.
  • For pain relief, take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter.It is available as OTC without prescription.

Despite how they feel, hematomas are not typically cause for concern.Hematoma will resolve by itself within few days.

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this.Also consult your doctor for examination & final diagnosis.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor