Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I recently shaved my head, and noticed a pinkish bump on the…

Hi there. I recently...

Hi there. I recently shaved my head, and noticed a pinkish bump on the back of my head. I'm not sure if this is a harmless shaving bump or something I should be worried about.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

I just noticed it within the last couple of days.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age & gender?

After how many days of shaving the head you have noticed this pinkish bump?

Is the bump painful?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm 29, male. I shaved my head three days ago. The bump is not painful. I don't even feel it unless I touch it, and even if I do, it isn't painful.I've uploaded a picture here. This is the bump on the back of my head: https://i.imgur.com/kJFvRAP.jpg

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having a pinkish bump on the back of head can most likely be due to skin tag.

Skin tags are very common but harmless small, soft skin growths.They are small flesh-coloured,skin colored that hang off the skin.

Less likely this can be due to folliculitis.It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.Sebaceous cyst can also be a possibility.It is also a harmless bump.

Treatment is usually not required.There is no pain & inflammation/swelling-so no medication is required.

Medically,there is no need of treatment of skin tags as they are harmless & do not cause any discomfort. So please do not worry. There is nothing concern about this.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I am sorry.Phone call is not available at this moment.I am happy to address your follow-up questions via chat mode.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ah, thank you. I also appreciate you not taking a phone call unnecessarily; It really speaks to your honesty as a professional. I'll be sure to credit you, and I really appreciate getting a sound medical answer from a real doctor!I'm very relieved to hear that this is most likely not a serious issue. Before I confirm this and rate your service (which will be five stars, of course!), could I ask if the picture I sent looks like a skin tag to you? You mentioned that it probably was based on my description, but is the image itself clear enough to say that that's probably what it is?

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation.

Yes,I have see the picture you have sent.

This lump is likely to be a skin tag.

Sebaceous cyst or folliculitis or seborrheic dermatitiscan be less probable cause.

Most likely this is skin tag which is a harmless condition and does not required any treatment.

Please do not worry.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have rated and paid. Thank you so much for your help today, Doctor.

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There's a problem. I was charged $50 for the phone call, even though we didn't have one. Could you please remove that charge, and only take the regular payment and bonus I meant to give you?

Yes,please do not worry. You will not be charged for phone call which you do not have.

Please consult the moderators/customer care regarding this. This will be resolved.

Thank you.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Alright, I've sent them a message too. Thank you.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor