Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am asking for a friend who had a rash develop suddently on…

I am asking for a...
I am asking for a friend who had a rash develop suddently on the hairline and back of leg and wanted a dermatologist opinion on the matter.
3/13/2018
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Attached are photos

Thank you for the information provided.

Thank you for the photo sent. From the photo this looks like a chronic Eczema ( Dermatitis ) which can be treated as follows: CHRONIC ECZEMA IS AN INFLAMMATORY CONDITION ASSOCIATED WITH ITCHING AND THICKENING OF THE SKIN

Use Aveeno skin repair lotion once daily in the morning

Clean the area with Cetaphil soap daily

Take one tablet of Claritine once daily at night for 10 days

He can use 1 % Hydrocortisone cream on the area for 10 days.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what would be your opinion on what caused this as I have not seen this before? and will it reoccur?

You would need to continue with the Aveeno Skin repair lotion daily for a few months to prevent recurrence.

The Soap also can be used regularly to prevent this from recurring.

This can be triggered due to stress or anxiety or even certain medications like pain killers.
Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist