Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My mother in law has swelling in her face and for head. She…

My mother in law has...
My mother in law has swelling in her face and for head. She says it also burns.
3/11/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Can you attach a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here you go.She woke up swollen today.Her forehead started hurting Tuesday.

Oh this is very concerning

it looks like she has facial cellulitis

skin infection

you need to take her to ER now

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it contagious?
No but it is serious. Go to ER. She needs antibiotics. I strive for 5 star service for all customers. If you have any more questions just reply
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor