Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I just got a chemical peel yesterday at a spa. Highly

I just got a...

I just got a chemical peel yesterday at a spa. Highly recommended and has great ratings. The woman said it wouldn’t leave any redness and would lightly peel after a couple days. After I left, my t-zone continued burning for about 4 hours. I called and asked if it was normal and they assured me everything was fine

Doctor's Assistant: When did burning first appear? Have you used any medication for this?

This morning I woke up and i look awful. So much red skin around my nose and mouth and i can’t go out looking like this

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dermatologist about burning?

It started getting red maybe two hours after I left

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No this was yesterday They’re closed tosay No

3/11/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this normal

Oh I was expecting much worse

this is totally normal

It should resolve in the next few days

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay....it’s not strange that the redness isn’t all over?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s just red in weird places

No not at all

I question the technique of the person giving it more than anything

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. So I shouldn’t go back there for another one? She said she wanted to preform another in two weeks

No way

you might be sensitive to the chemicals too

but I would avoid it in general

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would you recommend me never getting another peel? Or just not by this person

I would be hesitant to recommend another one.

I would find out what chemicals were used and if you get another one, request different chemicals

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay sounds good. Thank you

welcome :)

good luck

and it doesn't look too bad so don't worry

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor