Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Is this just folliculitis from shaving or fungal or virus…

Hi doctor. Is this just...
Hi doctor. Is this just folliculitis from shaving or fungal or virus related? The red dots
3/10/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hi

Not fungal and not viral for sure

Just a little irritation from shaving but nothing that needs any treatment at all

Thank you! I was nervous because last time my fungal issue started with a few dots and flared up by night. It wouldn’t make sense since I’ve been using the cream it shouldn’t survive. I did use my electric trimmer a day or two ago. Thank you doctor, this isn’t hsv, fungal, or any worry? Should I use Neosporin, or just leave it?

Not HSV and not fungal my friend

Just leave it alone

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Ok :) thank you doctor! Have a fantastic day

You too