Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am concerned about a mole on my palm and want to know

I am concerned about...

I am concerned about a mole on my palm and want to know whether it could be Acral lentiginous melanoma

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No and no

The mole has been there for over 5 years and has not changed.
3/10/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Any history of trauma before its appearance?

Is it getting bigger in size?

Any other medical illness?

Are you taking any medicines?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I am 31, no trauma. It has not changed since it appeared over 5 years ago. I am not on medications or have any illnesses.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description and photo, it doesn't seem Acral lentiginous melanoma.

I can give you 100% assurance about it.

As it has remained same for last few years, so it's a benign mole.

As Acral lentiginous melanoma increases in size over the time rather than stays same.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Onlinedoc
Thank you!

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.