Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Can a scar, depending on how minor it is, be removed or

Can a scar, depending...

Can a scar, depending on how minor it is, be removed or corrected 95-100 percent? Or in other words, Is it possible in some cases to completely eradicate a scar of the circumstances are right & enough treatments are undergone? There is a very minor burn scar on my face. Hard to see, but because I know it’s there I notice it. Was hoping because of how truly minor it is, I could potentially elimate it entirely.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

Scar has been there since this past December & no.

3/10/2018
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

Have you tried any treatment so far?

Any medical history?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I’m 26 & female.
No treatments so far.
No medical history.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, I would recommend fractional ablative laser treatment therapy and see a dermatologist for further evaluation and management.

Your scar will be removed 90-100 % definitely.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Thank you so much for your response. In your experience/observation have you seen many cases where minor scars have been completely removed through laser treatment?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Success rate depends on depth, the extent of a scar and it can be only based on a clinical assessment by a dermatologist in person.

Still, the success rate is higher than 85%.

So, you can see a dermatologist for a clinical examination and discuss with treatment options including laser therapy as mentioned earlier.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor